Enterex Hepatic is specially formulated to help promote positive nitrogen balance and improve the nutritional status of individuals with liver disease while minimizing the risk of hepatic encephalopathy. It is a specialized nutritional formula for people with liver diseases.
- A high ratio of Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) to Aromatic Amino Acids (AAA). (32:1 molar ratio).
- Medium-Chain (MCT) and Long-Chain (LCT) Triglycerides for improved fat digestion and absorption.
- No phenylalanine and low in methionine, to reduce risk of hepatic damage and encephalopathy.
- Contains arginine for improved ammonia metabolism.
- No added sugar or simple carbohydrates, for improved glycemic control.
- Low in electrolytes for management of edema.
CLINICAL NUTRITION OF ENTEREX HEPATIC
- Contains Arginine for Improved Ammonia Metabolism.
- No Phenylalanine and Low in Methionine, to Reduce Risk of Hepatic Damage and Encephalopathy.
- A High Ratio of Branch-Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) to Aromatic Amino Acids (AAA).
- Medium-Chain (MCT) and Long-Chain (LCT) Triglycerides for Improved Fat Digestion and Absorption.
Technical Specifications of ENTEREX HEPATIC
- Caloric Density (kcal/mL) 1.2
- Caloric Distribution
- Protein (% kcal) 14.9
- Carbohydrate (% kcal) 57.4
- Fat (% kcal) 27.7
- Total Cal/g N 168.:1
- Non-Protein Cal/g N 143:1
- Gluten free Yes
- Lactose free Yes
- People with liver disease.
- People intolerant to the usual protein intake.
- Calories (kcal) 500
- Energy (kJ) 2092
- Protein (g)(as amino acids) 18.6
- L-Leucine (g) 3.38
- L-Isoleucine (g) 2.75
- Glycine (g) 0.88
- L-Lysine (g)(as L-Lysine acetate) 1.63
- L-Valine (g) 2.50
- L-Proline (g) 1.75
- L-Alanine (g) 1.62
- L-Arginine (g) 1.62
- L-Threonine (g) 0.75
- L-Serine (g) 0.50
- L-Histidine (g) 0.62
- L-Methionine (g) 0.25
- L-Tryptophan (g) 0.18
- L-Cysteine (g) 0.06
- L-Tyrosine (g) 0.08
- Carbohydrate (g) 71.7
- Fat (g) 15.4
For oral or tube feeding only.
Not for intravenous administration.
No data has been reported for the use of Enterex®a Hepatic in children or pregnant or lactating women.
Consult package instructions before use.
USE UNDER PROFESSIONAL SUPERVISION
Contains no vitamins or minerals.
DIRECTIONS OF USE
Preparation and Serving Instructions:
Avoid contamination during preparation and use.
- Pour 350 mL (11.6 fl oz) of water into a blender. If a blender is not available, refer to Package Insert.
- Add one package of Enterex® Hepatic.
- Blend at low speed for approximately 30 seconds.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate.